Oh dear. I still haven't posted Christmas. And now I'm going to be all out of order, but oh well. Snowmegedon is what I've hear people name this crazy snow storm we've had. And it has been crazy. But first, Allie turned 6 on January 2!!!
This girl is so cool. She is so funny, so thoughtful, and such a sweet little helper. She is always the first one to volunteer to help with anything and everything. She is loving school. She loves to ride her scooter, and she's amazing at the piano. Not only that, but she is a pretty darn good artist. But what I love most about her is her sweet little personality. She's so kind. We had a great day celebrating her birthday! The cool thing for Allie is that her birthday will most likely be a day off for the rest of her life, falling the day after New Years!
We decided to let Allie have a friend stay the night for her birthday and of course, she picked Maya! She also got to decide what she wanted to for dinner and of all the places to pick, she decided on McDonald's. At least it was inexpensive!
After McDonald's, we came home, had cake and ice cream (which I'll post from my actual camera), then Allie wanted to pop popcorn and watch a movie! So that's what they did!
The girls went to bed super late but I'm pretty sure they had a blast. Sorry about the blurry, phone picture!
Saturday happened to be a beautiful day! It was around 30 degrees and there was lots of snow, so we thought we would venture out and build a snowman before the real storm came!
Saturday night was when the snow started and it didn't stop until well into Sunday night. I think we got just under two feet! The snow piles in our driveway are pretty crazy. It was absolutely beautiful out during the day on Sunday.
Monday night brought in the bitter cold. This is the coldest temperature I've ever seen in Michigan. My parents watched the girls Monday night so Mike and I could go see the Hobbit, and this is what the temp read on our way home!
Then I had to post this. Notice the "feels like" temp!? Negative 37! That's how cold it felt. CRAZY! And yet, pretty awesome too!
We have been thanking God daily for our warm house and our furnace that keeps us nice and cozy!
No comments:
Post a Comment