Monday, January 27, 2014

Ava's 8th birthday

Eight Years Old!!! That's crazy. Seriously. My oldest is 8. She seems so old to me. But she's still so little! Having kids is weird isn't it? It seems like just yesterday I was in the hospital, then all of sudden they're old, and rolling their eyes at you when you do silly things, and getting attitudes when they don't want to do something, and at the same time, having a blast playing games with their family! I feel like I'm not a grown-up yet, then I remember, I have an eight-year-old. Ava feels like a grown-up to me sometimes! She is such a great kid. She's loving school right now, doing amazing in math, and is taking a class during her recess once a week, that teaches the fifty states and all the capitals. I love how much she loves to learn. And she's a great reader!
 
We were able to spend the whole day with Ava since her birthday fell on Martin Luther King Jr. day! Mary Kay, our children's ministry pastor at church, happens to have the same birthday as Ava so they started a tradition of going out together for their birthdays. Mary Kay took Ava to Village Grill for breakfast where they asked each other twenty questions! Ava had a blast!! And was super stoked to get the Frozen soundtrack! She loves it and is constantly singing the songs. Thank you Mary Kay!!!
 
The rest of the day, Ava pretty much played with her sisters, until daddy came home. Ava picked dinner, she wanted Jet's pizza! We enjoyed dinner together, had cake and ice cream, and play with a couple cousins, who stopped by for dinner! It was a fantastic day!
 



Ava has been wanting a remote controlled car for a long time!




I wish I remembered to do this for every birthday cause Ava loved seeing this note on the mirror when she woke up in the morning!
 
Happy birthday sweet AVA!!!


No comments:

Happy Christmas 2021

 Christmas...it really is the most wonderful time of the year. I know that's so cheesy but as I posted all of these pictures, the though...