Friday, January 7, 2022

Happy Christmas 2021

 Christmas...it really is the most wonderful time of the year. I know that's so cheesy but as I posted all of these pictures, the thought of  celebration and joy came to my mind. Everything about the holiday season is celebratory. And I especially love the anticipation of Christmas day as we get closer to it! The girls must say at least twice a day "I can't wait till Christmas!" And I feel the same.

I kept hearing about a "favorite things" party and decided to host one for myself. Everyone brings two identical gifts that they will give to two other people. It should be something that you love to use. As you describe the gift, two names are drawn, and those people get to take the gifts home. You end up leaving with two new things! It was a lot of fun. Some of the gift examples were tea, earrings, cheese platters, blankets, and candles. Everyone brought something to share and we had a lot of great food. I plan to do this again but I think I'll have it outside as a pool party! 





Another fun celebration that we hosted was the Epley company Christmas Party. We had delicious food catered by the Redwood Grill. We played Left, Center, Right with a huge pot! And we had fun with the plastic wrap ball game, which had $100 bill at the center. We are so blessed to have such an incredible crew working for ECD!

We had a fun afternoon at the Epleys making our annual cookie houses. This is such a fun tradition. As the kids get older, I feel like it's not quite the novelty that it used to be, but they still really enjoy it.





We had an evening that was completely free so we went to dinner and a movie. We ate at Black Rock in Hartland and some sweet family took care of our bill for us. We have no idea who but it was so kind and generous and we plan to pay it forward! We the new Spiderman right after that and it was amazing! Definitely my new favorite Marvel movie!

Christmas Eve, I had to sing for both services so my family came to the first one, went home, and picked me back up after the second and we went to Jeff and Tara's. This family is the reason my fam came to the earlier service! We love the Dale family!

After the service, we had dinner with my family and opened presents. My mom's gift to everyone was matching pajamas! So fun!






We had so much fun celebrating with my family! Love them all so much!

Christmas Eve night, Mike and I bring all the presents up and put them under the tree! This is a lot of presents but we buy for everyone, so it's for a lot of people!


The girls typically sleep in now so we officially woke up and started opening presents around 11! We always read the Christmas story and pray and then start opening. I love giving gifts. I love see the excitement as they open something they didn't know they were getting! We are so blessed to be able to spoil our kids. And Mike and I were spoiled as well. My girls give the best gifts. 

Allie and Hannah both like to lay out their gifts to remember what they get each year!


After we opened our gifts, we went to my parents and hung out there for a little while, giving them and Emilia their presents. 
And at about 5:00, we left to spend the rest of the evening at Chris and Miranda's. It was good to spend so much time with family. We are so grateful!






These next two were out of order; my sweet parents and them with all their grandkids! Who are getting so old!


Oh yeah, one more! This was the Impact Classy Christmas Party! We love our students!

No comments:

Happy Christmas 2021

 Christmas...it really is the most wonderful time of the year. I know that's so cheesy but as I posted all of these pictures, the though...