Saturday, July 7, 2012

Nine Years

Mike and I celebrated our 9 year anniversary on the 5th! It was a hectic day, but one where I experienced many of God's blessings. The girls and I were on our way to drop off some stuff at Community Sharing in the morning. As I was turning onto Milford Road, my front tire went flat. So we pulled into the McD's there and gave Mike a call. I can't get the tire off the bottom of the van, nor can I get the lug nuts off the tire, which is annoying to me. I'm a very independent person and I don't like that I need to have someone come change my tire for me. But Mike actually does like that I "need" him in this way:) So anyway, Mike was working in Union Lake but had 20 minutes until he was done for the day and was heading out to within a mile of where I was! Now is that a coincidence!? I think not. The odds of him being done by noon and needing to be a mile where I'm stranded... THANK YOU GOD!

So he came out and put the donut on my van. The girls and I had a nice lunch at McD's while we waited; another amazing blessing. Thank you God that I didn't go flat on the side of M-59.

We decided we would head to Belle Tire and just get four new tires, they were all pretty bad anyway. On the way there, Mike calls and says "go to Pontiac Lake Auto, they're much cheaper." Which they were, by about half! AND, they let us know about a recall that Ford put out for windstars having to do with the sub frame. They told us to take it to the Ford dealership where they would fix it for free and give me a rental. Not sure, but I doubt Belle Tire would have told us that. So we head over to the Ford dealership where the guys says they are backed up, you'll have to bring your van in tomorrow, we'll take a look, diagnose whether you need a new sub frame or if they can just fix the old, then we'll decide whether you need a rental. So ok, whatever, I'll have to wait while you diagnose the car, no biggie. So while I'm shooting the breeze with this guy he says, "you know what, I'll just throw the rental on. I'm sure we'll have to replace it." Mind you, he hasn't even looked at it! So now I don't have to wait in the morning, I can just bring in the car, and drive off in my rental, which happens to be a 2012 Chevy Silverado! I asked very nicely if they had something large enough for three car seats and that's what they get me. So that's what I've been driving around all weekend (please keep my van as looooong as you need to!!).

I have been so thankful for all the big and small ways that God has been working in our lives! And back to the anniversary. Our lovely friend Katie offered to take Ava and Allie for the night, and my sweet dad took Hannah, so Mike and I had a very fun evening! We played tennis, got ice cream, went swimming, and watched a movie, all by ourselves! What a blessing!!

the only shot of our tennis experience

My sweet rental


The rest are some fun pictures from 9 years ago!!






1 comment:

katie j said...

way to go! 9 years of wedded bliss! seriously, you guys are one of the most amazing couples that I know...such an example of an awesome christian couple who are always looking for ways to serve others. love you guys!!

Happy Christmas 2021

 Christmas...it really is the most wonderful time of the year. I know that's so cheesy but as I posted all of these pictures, the though...