Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Praying mantis

As my mom and I were walking out of Meijer, she happened to find a praying mantis on the automatic door. We decided to take it home with us. I think these are the coolest looking bugs.


Ava loves all bugs, even spiders. I know, I don't know where she comes from!




As I was showing Hannah, the thing flew onto her face. It was so funny. I think it tickled her cause she sort of started giggling.


"What the heck was that mom?"
When we let it go, two birds swooped down and grabbed it. The second one dropped it and tried to go after it again so we ran over and grabbed it before the bird could. We let it go on our butterfly bush out back. Hopefully it was able to avoid more birds.

No comments:

Happy Christmas 2021

 Christmas...it really is the most wonderful time of the year. I know that's so cheesy but as I posted all of these pictures, the though...