Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Yummy breakfasts and Sunny Seaside

Portland has a restaurant called Slappy Cakes where you make your own pancakes. There's a griddle built in to every table. You get your own batter and can order however many different toppings you prefer. We ordered strawberries, hazelnuts, and chocolate chips. What a clever idea for a restaurant. I should open one in Michigan. Anyone want to finance me!?





Another great idea is the Waffle Window. You order outside at this window and then can take your waffle inside to eat (which we did since it was raining) or sit outside on picnic tables. I ordered the cheesecake waffles. It was so good.



On Thursday we drove through the mountains out to the coast. I seriously love the ocean. Even when it's cold, it's beautiful. This is the town of Seaside. It wasn't too busy for a sunny afternoon.





The water was freezing.


Hannah did not want to be strapped in the snuggly. I think it was too windy for her. So we pushed her stroller out to the beach. Not too fun through the sand but we managed.


No comments:

Happy Christmas 2021

 Christmas...it really is the most wonderful time of the year. I know that's so cheesy but as I posted all of these pictures, the though...