Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Seattle

Be forewarned, this is a long post! But I did a lot in a short amount of time in Seattle. I was blessed to be able to spend the weekend with Katie up in Seattle. We hung out in her apartment on Friday night. Andy and Andrea Chamberlin came over and it was so great to see them as well.



Here are some views from Katie's apartment right downtown. It really was a cool experience.

That's Pike Place Market, about a block from her apartment.

Hannah didn't sleep too great for me the first night. But she enjoyed the big window in the morning!


Saturday we woke up and had breakfast at the Chamberlins' beautiful apartment. Then Katie and I walked to the Seattle Space Needle.




Here are some views from the top. I'm not a fan of heights so it was pretty freaky for me being this high up. The elevator ride was the scariest. You can see out as your going up. But the views were fantastic.

The Puget Sound

Hannah came up with us too (of course).



After the Space Needle we met back up with the Chamberlins and headed to Pike Place Market. I think this was my favorite place in Seattle.


It's a huge market that sells everything from fruits and veggies, to flowers, to souvenirs. It was really crowded too since it was a holiday weekend. This fish stand is the one that was in Sleepless in Seattle. They throw the fish when someone buys something.







The flowers in this market were unbelievable. You could buy bunches for only 5 or 10 dollars.







This was the very first Starbucks ever established. The line was pretty long. It was right across the street from the market.


Beecher's where they make their own cheese. Katie convinced me that I had to try one of their grilled cheese's. I like them but I don't typically get them when I'm out since they're so cheap to make at home. I have to admit that it was the best grilled cheese sandwich I'd ever eaten. They had great mac and cheese too.


These little donuts came from a donut cart in the market. They make them right there and are melt-in-your-mouth delicious. Seriously there are so many good food choices in the city.



Right before we left to head back down to Portland, we drove up to Queen Anne to check out the views of the city. It was really beautiful.






I had a great time in Seattle and Portland. The best part was getting to see great friends. Thanks Dales, Chamberlins, and Johnsons for making my trip so wonderful. You all were so hospitable. Now move your butts back home:)

1 comment:

katie j said...

SUCH a fun trip!! I love you Gina!!

Happy Christmas 2021

 Christmas...it really is the most wonderful time of the year. I know that's so cheesy but as I posted all of these pictures, the though...