Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Gingerbread houses

Mike's mom used to build and decorate gingerbread houses, then sell them at craftshows during the holidays. She said there was one season where she made over a thousand dollars at a three day craftshow. She is an expert when it comes to these festive, delicious creations! This is the second year the girls have decorated houses. We went over to Joe and Kathy's last night and the table was all set up for decorating (and eating of course).


Ava getting ready to get started.


Allie taste testing to make sure the candy is good for the houses.

Grandma Epley getting all the candy into bowls.


YUMMY!


Mike helped Allie with her house.


Ava and I worked on this one.


Ava's finished product.


Allie's house.


Braden did a great job decoratiing his house, while Cobin watched his big brother.


Hannah and Cobin had fun playing together!


Mke made this Christmas tree out of candy and an ice cream cone. Isn't he talented!?
This is a fun tradition that we've started. The girls love decorating their houses but I think they enjoy eating them even more!

1 comment:

Laura Webber said...

Adorable!!! What an awesome tradition!!!

Happy Christmas 2021

 Christmas...it really is the most wonderful time of the year. I know that's so cheesy but as I posted all of these pictures, the though...