Ava had her share of issues during all this as well. Her's started with a 103 degree fever and sinus infection, into a 1 AM crying fit because her ear was killing her. Another doctor's visit confirmed an ear infection for her! So we're finally on the mend. We get the results back Wednesday or Thursday for the EEG and are praying that it wasn't a siezure. I think it happened because she was dehydrated, as does the doctor, but she still needed the test for precautionary measures. The pictures of Allie look worse than it was. She actually did really well. She was most irritated with the set-up. She had to sit still while the doctor attached about twenty wires to her head. The actual test took only 20 minutes.
Monday, February 9, 2009
Tough couple of weeks
The past few weeks have been rough for the Epley girls. Ava and Allie have been more sick then they have in their entire lives. It started with a bad cold for Allie and a lot of wheezing. An ER trip (her first) diagnosed her with Croup and two ear infections. On top of that, a tooth was trying to poke it's way out for attention. That went into a doctor's visit for a wierd episode of being extremely pale and lethargic, and the doctor scheduling an EEG to make sure it wasn't a siezure. Sheesh. On top of all that, blood work showed she was dehydrated.
Ava had her share of issues during all this as well. Her's started with a 103 degree fever and sinus infection, into a 1 AM crying fit because her ear was killing her. Another doctor's visit confirmed an ear infection for her! So we're finally on the mend. We get the results back Wednesday or Thursday for the EEG and are praying that it wasn't a siezure. I think it happened because she was dehydrated, as does the doctor, but she still needed the test for precautionary measures. The pictures of Allie look worse than it was. She actually did really well. She was most irritated with the set-up. She had to sit still while the doctor attached about twenty wires to her head. The actual test took only 20 minutes.



Ava had her share of issues during all this as well. Her's started with a 103 degree fever and sinus infection, into a 1 AM crying fit because her ear was killing her. Another doctor's visit confirmed an ear infection for her! So we're finally on the mend. We get the results back Wednesday or Thursday for the EEG and are praying that it wasn't a siezure. I think it happened because she was dehydrated, as does the doctor, but she still needed the test for precautionary measures. The pictures of Allie look worse than it was. She actually did really well. She was most irritated with the set-up. She had to sit still while the doctor attached about twenty wires to her head. The actual test took only 20 minutes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Happy Christmas 2021
Christmas...it really is the most wonderful time of the year. I know that's so cheesy but as I posted all of these pictures, the though...
-
Christmas...it really is the most wonderful time of the year. I know that's so cheesy but as I posted all of these pictures, the though...
-
We were given a table and chairs from some friends of ours. The chairs weren't in the greatest condition. The table is solid oak but it...
-
Allie dances a lot. No matter where she's at, if music comes on she starts dancing. We were even in the front yard yesterday and a car w...
4 comments:
Poor baby. They did that for Lilah when she was 5 weeks old. They thought she was possible having seizures when she kept stopping breathing. Poor Ava, I pray she is free and clear.
Wow! I was in tears reading... I will be praying for your little sweeties!
Thanks so much Carrie and Laura. The test came back completely normal!! Yay, no siezures:-)
I hope everyone is doing better. Allie looks like she handled things really well. I am glad to see your comment that they weren't seizures. How has she been since?
Post a Comment