I think I have Commerce EL. to thank for my girls love of running. Since they were in Kindergarten, they have participated in Mileage Club during recess. It's really an awesome program. The kids compete twice a week for how many laps they can run. The girls love trying to win, and in the mean time, get lots of exercise.
They also brought Girls on the Run to the school this year. Twice a week, 3rd-5th graders stay after school, have a snack, talk about being strong women, encouraging each other, and then spend time running together on the track. It's an amazing program. And it ends with a 5K on Belle Isle. Allie had a lot of fun throughout the season, and her, Ava and I finished off the season by running together in the 5K.
Ava had the opportunity to run intramural cross country at Smart. They practiced three times a week and had 3-4 meets where they competed with other schools. Ava did a great job! Sixth grade runs the mile race, but they would practice 2 miles! It kept her in great shape!
No comments:
Post a Comment