Thursday, September 5, 2013

First Day of School

It's crazy that Allie is already in Kindergarten. It was weird enough sending Ava to second grade, but now to give up Allie too. It's just so stinking crazy! I don't like it one bit. Thank God the girls loved it though, cause if they were having a hard time, I might just chuck the whole school thing and start teaching them myself!
 
Allie was super excited to get to ride the bus the first day. And Ava was super excited to show her sister the ropes. Mike and I met Allie at school and welcomed her off the bus. We then were able to stay with her till about 10 am. We met her teacher, checked out her room, toured the school, did a craft and read a story with her. Then we kissed her and hugged her and tearfully (me) left the classroom. Gosh, it's hard to leave her there for seven hours. It's just too long!
 
We snuck a peak in Ava's classroom and she looked like she was doing great! Both girls really like their teachers. Ava has lots of old friends in her class. Allie is still having a hard time remembering names, but she's enjoying it so far! We already had our first day off today, for a Jewish holiday, and then back to school tomorrow!
 





Hannah woke up just in time to see her big sisters off to school. She misses them so much during the day. She's told me twice how bored she is without them!



Grandma came down to see the girls off, then watch Hannah so we could go to school with Allie!



 
 
After school, we had some visitors come to see the girls off the bus and see how their day went! Oh and we're remodeling the outside of our house right now so it looks a little crazy. That will be a separate post when it's all done!





 
There are four second grade classes and FIVE Kindergarten classes! We really are part of a great district and I love the school the girls attend. I'm looking forward to volunteering in their classrooms again this year. It's a great way to get to know the kids my girls are hanging out with!


No comments:

Happy Christmas 2021

 Christmas...it really is the most wonderful time of the year. I know that's so cheesy but as I posted all of these pictures, the though...