Friday, September 27, 2013

September

Goodness gracious, this month has whipped by! The girls are settling in to their morning routine for school. Although, I don't think a morning goes by where I don't say "you better eat your breakfast or you're going to miss your bus!" I even set my alarm for fifteen minutes earlier so we're not rushing. I think it's inevitable though. They are just big-time putzers.
 
We have enjoyed some cold weather and some warm weather around here. We took a weekend to go camping and the weather dipped down into the 40's at night! But was hot and sunny during the day. I'll post pictures of that as soon as my dear friend Jackie gives me a disk. I didn't bring my camera.
 
 
We've tried to continue our Friday movie nights. 

 
 
The girls had their Fun Run at school. They do this at the beginning of every year and it's their biggest fundraiser. I totally slacked this year and forgot to ask for pledges. Oops.
But they had a lot of fun running and the weather was perfect. Papa and Hannah came along to cheer them on!





 
I had a moment just before we were getting ready to leave where I thought "maybe I'll run with the girls, so I should probably put shorts on... " then "nah, they probably won't want me to." Of course Allie wanted me to so I sweat my butt off running with her in jeans!




Hannah was a slightly cranky and tired little cheerleader. 






 
Fall also brings with it a lot of canning! My sink has looked like this a lot lately.

 
I had to organize the canning shelf in my pantry so I could figure out how much I've done so far. I had no idea we already had this much! From left to right: diced tomatoes, salsa (and I'm STILL picking tomatoes), two rows of apple sauce, dill pickles (from my endless supply of cucumbers), peach jam (first year making that, and it is SO good. I'm planting a peach tree next year!), apple jam, and one little jar of blueberry jam.
 
 
This is currently in my crock pot. I'm trying a recipe for apple butter. We'll see how that turns out.
 
Michigan had no apples last year because of our crazy spring. So this year, everyone seems to have an over-abundance of apples. I have so many sweet friends calling me telling me to come pick apples because their branches are breaking from the weight of all the apples! It's been awesome!


No comments:

Happy Christmas 2021

 Christmas...it really is the most wonderful time of the year. I know that's so cheesy but as I posted all of these pictures, the though...