Retreat: 1. a withdrawal, as from danger
2. a safe, quiet place
3. a period of seclusion, especially for spiritual renewal
Hmmm, what kind of retreat was it that I went on? Mike can be dangerous at times. I mean, he is murderously good looking. But no, that's not what it was. Gull Lake was a very safe and quiet place, but I'll have to lean more towards #3. This weekend for me was definitely a time of spiritual renewal.
The retreat was incredible. It was such a peaceful and rejuvenating time away. And there were some amazing ladies who came along. We traveled over to Gull Lake, which is amazing! Our condo was so beautiful. There was also a pretty sweet rec center where we played a few games of my favorite sport!
There were three sessions. Suffering, Contentment, and Gratitude were the topics. The worship time was great. The skit was hilarious. It was just an amazing weekend to be a part of. We were able to have about an hour and a half quiet time on Sunday. It's very rare that I take that much time along to spend with God, and it was awesome. I really should set aside more time each week to do that, because it is so refreshing.
I'm so grateful for the women in our church that have a desire to keep God first. It's amazing to be surrounded by a group of people who are wonderful examples of loving Christians. I feel very grateful for the weekend we were able to have.
This is the condo that I stayed in! The upstairs had a living room and small kitchen surrounded by five bedrooms. Each bedroom had it's own bathroom! It was beautiful. Jackie and I room together!
I was able to do the session on contentment. God was very faithful in providing the words for me.
My mom and me:)
This was the sweet rec center. It had four bowling lanes, an indoor tennis court, a track and exercise area upstairs, and a rec room with a pool table, ping pong table, and some other games. It also had a rock climbing wall!
Lauren picked out some great songs!
This is the condo that I stayed in! The upstairs had a living room and small kitchen surrounded by five bedrooms. Each bedroom had it's own bathroom! It was beautiful. Jackie and I room together!
I was able to do the session on contentment. God was very faithful in providing the words for me.
This was called "The Tab." It's where all of our sessions and worship times were held.
My mom and me:)
This was the sweet rec center. It had four bowling lanes, an indoor tennis court, a track and exercise area upstairs, and a rec room with a pool table, ping pong table, and some other games. It also had a rock climbing wall!
Lauren picked out some great songs!
It was an amazing weekend!






No comments:
Post a Comment