Mike left for Trinidad last Monday. I am really excited that he was able to go. He went with the youth group of our church; about twenty juniors and seniors and five other leaders. He has been preparing for the trip since November. The gals were going to be visiting an orphanage during the day, while the guys visit a mens' prison. Then at night, they are putting on a VBS for kids in the city. The whole team returns home in two days (Monday). So altogether, Mike is only gone 7 days. I am really missing him! I don't think I quite grasp just how much he does around here. When he comes home from work, at 5 PM every night, he does so much with the girls that I frequently take for granted. He diffuses arguments and fights, he takes Hannah to the bathroom countless times, he plays with the girls or talks with them while I'm making dinner, he helps with the bedtime routine and typically stays in there longer than me, answering thousands of questions. And he's overall just a much more patient person than me. I REALLY miss him! I need to express to him when he gets home, just how much I appreciate the "little" things he does around here. On top of all that with the kids, the faucet started leaking this week. I put a bowl under it. One of the light bulbs in the girls' room went out, it's just a little darker until Mike gets back. The trash and recycle bin had to be taken out Tuesday night; OK I did do that! Anyway, we love that guy and are so grateful for him!
My week has really been going well though. I have some awesome parents and in-laws that have helped out. Tuesday, the girls went to my parents in the morning while I grocery shopped. Then my dad took them again in the afternoon so I could make a Target and Starbucks run with a friend!
Thursday night, my parents took the girls again so I could go to music practice. Then today, I had my hair cut and colored, which took three hours, so my mom had the girls. Then this evening, I went to dinner and Starbucks for a girls' night out and my in-laws watched the girls. So that has been extremely helpful. It is tough work being a single mom for a week. Hopefully Mike took some pictures of his trip and I'll post them when he gets home!
Oh and here's my new hair cut and color!
No comments:
Post a Comment