Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Happy Easter!

"'Why do you look for the living among the dead? He is not here; he has risen! Remember how he told you, while he was still with you in Galilee: 'The Son of Man must be delivered into the hands of sinful men, be crucified and on the third day be raised again.'" Then hey remembered his words." Luke 24
 
These words are so incredibly important. It's what we as believers base our entire lives around. If Christ had not been raised, then we would still be dead in our sins. "Thanks be to God for His indescribable gift!"
 
And what a great weekend we had! We spent lots of time with family and friends. Saturday afternoon, the girls dyed some Easter eggs with their cousin Everet.
 We figured out how to do polka dots with little round stickers!

 
Then Saturday evening, Grandma Epley had her annual egg dying dinner!





Easter morning, the girls found their Easter baskets and got ready for church. I was in the toddler room for the second service so we were going to stay for both services.

 The girls were thrilled to get three new movies!
 
The Easter service was fantastic! Lauren did an amazing job with an Easter choir. And the students heading to Trinidad presented one of their dramas.
 
After church, my attempt to take a family picture fell short. I set up my camera on a self timer and for some reason, it came out blurry.




I host Easter in our families so both the Epley and the Ross sides came over for dinner! It was a full house. We had 32 people over, I think! The weather was great! We had about a three hour window of warmer weather (if you consider 40's warmer!) with no rain or snow. The kids searched for eggs in the backyard.


Jace helped Hannah!

 Nevada helped Allie!
 

 
As always, there was tons of food! And of course, lots of dessert. 


 
The kids had a great time. In the evening, some of the adults played poker while the kids watched Wreck-it Ralph. We are blessed to be surrounded by such a great family!
Happy Easter!


No comments:

Happy Christmas 2021

 Christmas...it really is the most wonderful time of the year. I know that's so cheesy but as I posted all of these pictures, the though...