Monday, December 24, 2012

Christmas festivities Part 2

Ava had her concert and party today for the Christmas season. In their science unit, the class has been studying insects. Ava in paticular has been researching fire flies. The party was called the "Get Buggy" party. We started out in the cafeteria where Ava was able to read us her research book about fireflies. Then we moved into the media center where the kids sang a lot of songs about bugs and we saw a slide show of different pictures the students created on the computer. After that it was back to the classroom to check out all the artwork and have some snacks. It was a fun day! Ava loved that her whole family was there, including Grandma and Papa! She also loved that we were able to take her home an hour early!!
 





 

 
 
We also tried to get a nice Christmas picture with the girls. They were dressed up for church. It's really hard to get a nice picture of everyone!











 
 
Mike and I attended our friend Trevor's wedding down in Detroit. It was held at the Masonic Temple. It was so beautiful. I didn't feel like lugging around my big camera so the pictures aren't the greatest but you can get an idea of how gorgeous it was!


 
More to come after Christmas! Hope you and your family have a joyous day!


No comments:

Happy Christmas 2021

 Christmas...it really is the most wonderful time of the year. I know that's so cheesy but as I posted all of these pictures, the though...