I'm back to my meal plans. I did this a long time ago, and stuck to it for about a month. I really, really hope to stick to it longer this time! I'm on week two. The first week went very well. I wrote down my meal plan for the week on Sunday night and on Monday, I went grocery shopping for the entire week. My biggest complaint for cooking is never knowing what to make. It comes around to 4:30 and I'm always standing in the kitchen, looking through the cupboards, wondering what I should make. I really don't mind cooking; it's seriously figuring out what we're having. So this has helped with that.
Here's my meal plans for the first two weeks. Maybe if I blog about it, I'll keep up with it!
Week one:
Mon - bbq with friends
Tues - chicken pot pie
Wed - breakfast: eggs, sausage, and bagels
Thurs - Pot Roast, potatoes, green beans
Fri - chicken stir fry
Sat - spaghetti
Sun - leftovers
Week two (this was my pinterest recipes week!):
Mon - lasagna
Tues - meat loaf minis, mashed potatoes, salad
Wed - cilantro pesto shrimp and garlic cilantro fries
Thurs - crockpot bbq chicken, rice, and green beans
Fri - crepes, fresh fruit, sausage
Sat - beef burritos and Mexican rice
Sun - leftovers
I have stuck to this since last Monday, which means I have cooked that many days in a row! It's been SO nice!
This is the book I keep in my purse. It was $1 at Michael's.
And this is what I write in it. My meal plan and my grocery list.


1 comment:
I did meal planning for a while and out got out of it as well. I need a little accountability. If you do too, facebook me your menu for the week next week and I'll do the same. Sometimes it's nice to get ideas as to what others eat as well:)
Post a Comment