Can you believe it's September already? I can understand why parents want to home school their kids. It's too soon before they are off to school for 8 hours a day.
Ava was very excited to start first grade. We found out her teacher and the students in her class a couple weeks ago. I asked her what she was most excited about and she said to go and see her friends again. I also asked her what she was least excited about and she said "being away from you, Allie, and Hannah all day." Awww, just melts my heart!
Here's Ava's outfit choice for her first day. It cracks me up to see the bright colors coming back into style. This reminds me of something I would have worn in the 80's!
Papa and Grandma came to see her off for her first day!
They had to cut one bus this year, and it happened to be Ava's bus from last year. She she has a new bus number and a new driver.
Ava had a great first day. She loves her new teacher. She says she's very funny. We had curriculum night last night so I was able to meet her teacher as well. I'm very excited for this year. Her teacher seems like an amazing lady! Ava was excited to be at a table with two of her good friends too.
Allie also had her first day this week. She started Pre-school on Wednesday, with Mrs. Debbie.
Allie just happens to have her best friend Maya in her class. I asked her what she was most excited about and she said that she would get to go to school with Maya!
The first day was a meet and greet with the parents and kids. Mrs. Debbie read the kids a story, they had a snack, did a craft, got all their supplies and met their classmates.
Allie is very excited to start her first day on Monday. It's amazing that two of my babies are in school. I found that I was more anxious then Ava or Allie. It's really a matter of trusting that God loves my kids more than I do, and ultimately He is in control. It's hard letting our kids go out into the world. Sheesh, they're only in first grade and pre-school. I can't imagine what I'll be feeling when they're heading off to high school!
No comments:
Post a Comment