Wednesday, January 22, 2020

Grateful and Blessed

 We headed into the Thanksgiving season with much to be thankful for. The girls are all doing well in school. They love the activities they are involved in. They are at a very fun age. I can go out an pepper with all three of them, they love playing card and board games with us, and they are just fun to be around!

Here are their school pictures for 4th, 6th, and 8th grades!

Hannah did Girls on the Run again this fall! She really enjoyed every part but the running. Ha! But seriously, she did like the group time and the snack, but she would admit that she's not much of a runner. I was very proud that she stuck with it and even accomplished the 5K at the end of the season.


Hannah also tried out volleyball for the first time. She played through Walled Lake and I happened to be her coach! She really loved it and did a fantastic job!

We spent Thanksgiving with my family at my parents' house. It's always a fun time getting together with everyone. We ate a delicious dinner and played a lot of Code Names. I noticed after the fact, that Hannah was not in this family picture. When I asked where she was, she said she was in the bedroom watching TV. So sad she wasn't in it! 

We celebrated Thanksgiving with Mike's family the next day. I love it when we can do that! It's so nice to not have to go to two separate places in the same day. We had another delicious dinner and all the cousins had fun playing together. Everyone brought their dogs too, which was a little crazy!

Hannah did her fourth grade light-up project! Our last one at Commerce El. She originally chose to do the four corner states but realized there wouldn't be too much to it. So she went with the Red Woods National Park. I think she did a great job!

Mike threw a fantastic 40th birthday for me! It was such an amazing day. It started out at El Patio, one of my favorite places for lunch. Devin, Jess, and Katie met us there. After lunch, we went to a Harry Potter escape room, which was very challenging! But also super fun. After that, we went to Starbucks for my birthday drink. From there, we went to West Highland school where we played volleyball for two hours! That was probably my favorite part of the day! And after volleyball, we went back to my house where a bunch of people were waiting. Kara catered so the food was delicious. We had such a fun night. What a great way to bring in the 40's.











So blessed to have such an incredible group of friends. They all spoiled me with gifts and that special day! 

Allie and her friends decided to do a Christmas party and gift exchange. They all came to our house and hung out and decorated cookies. 

And finally, we had our small group Christmas party. This was actually after a lot of people had left. We have a very large group this year! It was a fun night of food, fellowship, and a white elephant gift exchange!

2019 was a great year for our family! And I'm not even finished posting about it! The next post will be about Christmas and New Years!

No comments:

Happy Christmas 2021

 Christmas...it really is the most wonderful time of the year. I know that's so cheesy but as I posted all of these pictures, the though...