Christmas came so fast this year. I even started shopping early and still felt like I ran out of time! We did some family photos for a Christmas card, literally on Christmas Eve. So I didn't actually get the cards until Jan. 7th! Oops. The girls were insistent on including Sadie this year!
Christmas Eve we spent with my family at Jeff and Tara's. Allie and Ava were both sick but had been fever free for 24 hours so we still went. Sadly, they woke up Christmas morning with their fevers returned. Thankfully, none of the Rosses ended up catching it. I'm pretty sure they had Influenza A. That seems to be what is going around and they had all the symptoms.
We opened presents, played Poker, danced, and had a lot of fun!
I've started a tradition of not putting gifts out until after the girls go to bed on Christmas Eve! They hate it of course, but I like the surprise when they wake up to see everything in the morning!
We slept in Christmas morning, ate a quick breakfast, then read the Bible, and then opened presents.
We then went to my parents to exchange with them, Brian and Emilia. Again, super thankful we didn't spread this flu to anyone!
The rest of the day was pretty low key. We put all our Lego sets together at the table. Mike, Ava, and Allie all took a nap. And then we went over to the Epleys. Ava, Allie and I only stayed about 30 minutes to say hello and exchange gifts, the girls staying on the stairs away from everyone, and then us three went back home and watched a movie, while Mike and Hannah stayed for dinner. What a drag being sick!
Thankfully the girls weren't sick the whole break, (we had two weeks off!), and no one else caught it! For New Year's, we had a small group of friends over. It was a fun time and the kids had a blast. We made a surprise plastic wrap ball and they had so much fun tearing into it! Noah got the grand prize, which was a DQ gift card.
We played games, floor pong, ate way too much food, and had a fun time together! Here's to a great 2020!
No comments:
Post a Comment