Thursday, September 12, 2019

2018-2019 school year

Well, I did this post on my phone and of course all the pictures are out of order!! But I don't feel like rearranging them so I'll just keep them out of order and tell about them!

We took much of the winter to organize and create all the lego sets the girls have. It actually was quite fun. The ping pong table was occupied for a while but it was fun building all their different sets!

We had Thanksgiving at my parent's house with the whole family! We had a fun time teaching everyone Code Names, which they loved!

Ava's school volleyball team went undefeated in the Fall. They were incredible. I'm amazed at the amount of talent in her grade. Most of the girls on the team play travel volleyball, which is what pushed us to let her play travel!

We bought way to many cider slushes at Longs. And they have the best donuts.
Ava played travel volleyball for Team Detroit on the Patriots. She had a great season and really improved!

The DeJonge's had their annual pumpkin fest which is always a great time!

Ava also made the 7th grade basketball game, which was quite a feat seeing she's never played before.

We added a bathroom to the back of our house, which is our new master bath. We did it so we could reconfigure the main bath and make it bigger. So here is our new master closet under construction.

This was the girls' first day of school. Ava started 7th, Allie started 5th, and Hannah started 3rd!

Joseph and Rachael had a sweet baby girl Sept 11! Her name is Rebecca and she's so sweet.


We celebrated Katie's 40th birthday with a day of fun! We had lunch with some awesome women at the Root. We then went to an Escape Room with Mike, Nikki, and Mitch, and we kicked butt! After that, we ate Thai food, and then went back to my house where a bunch of people met us for a party! It was a fun day!



Allie and Hannah had fun on the jump rope team again this year. Sadly, I think it's the last year, as the coach moved down to Florida.


Ava played the violin again this year. She is getting really good! It's fun to watch her concerts.

Allie joined a rec volleyball league and leaned a ton and did a great job! 

We took some fun family pictures, which we haven't done in a long time!

We bought new paddle boards and had a fun time using them all summer!





Allie and Ava both played softball again this year. Both girls made the All-Star teams, and Allie's team won the championship again with her incredible pitching!


Mike and I had our 20 year high school reunion! How are we that old? It was at 59 West. We had a good time!

The end of the school year is always a lot of fun. Allie had her fifth grade ceremony and celebration. She had a solo and she won the Dennis Grahm leadership award! What an honor! The celebration was fun, and the kids had a lot of fun activities be enjoy. It was fun for me too since I worked with Mr. Bison's fifth grade this year.






Ok, majorly out of order, but Allie and Hannah both played piano in the Spring Talent show. They did a great job. Allie also played the Ukulele with her class.



And lastly, we took the whole fam, with Nikki and Joseph, to go rock climbing. It was my first time, and I did not like it! I'm not a huge fan of heights but the girls did awesome!




No comments:

Happy Christmas 2021

 Christmas...it really is the most wonderful time of the year. I know that's so cheesy but as I posted all of these pictures, the though...