How do I already have two middle schoolers? How is my baby in fourth grade already!? I can't believe how fast life goes by. I remember posting something when my kids were younger that went something like "the days are long, but the years are short." It was true back then, raising little ones. The days felt so long. Now the days feel short AND the years feel short. We had the girls wait till they were 10 to get into any organized sports. We knew the craziness that would come with that. I'm glad we waited. It gave us lots of family dinners, and relaxing, non-stressful evenings at home. Because now it feels like we are into the craziness of activities! Ava plays a different sport every season! Allie plays volleyball, softball, and is running cross country. Hannah's not even 10 yet and she's doing a great after school program called Girls on the Run! I do love that they love sports, but it can be stressful. I'm thankful to be job-less at this time in my life!
All that to say, we had a great first week of school! Ava started 8th, Allie is now in middle school, in sixth grade, and Hannah started fourth. Hannah has Mrs. Morley, a teacher neither of her sisters had, but we really like her! Allie has Cummings, Chapman, White, Arens, Singlyn, and Laplante. Ava has White, Feld, Ristau, Connel, Hopper, and Stahl. (I figure my family is the only people reading this so they will enjoy looking back and remembering their teachers!).
Ava was very excited for Allie to join her at the bus stop in the morning, and be in her school as well. The intersection at Cooley and Carroll happened to be closed the first week of school because they were putting in a round-about. So we had to drive the girls down to West Grand Traverse for their bus stop!
Ava was very excited for Allie to join her at the bus stop in the morning, and be in her school as well. The intersection at Cooley and Carroll happened to be closed the first week of school because they were putting in a round-about. So we had to drive the girls down to West Grand Traverse for their bus stop!
Hannah has enjoyed having the house and bathroom all to herself in the mornings. It's actually been pretty smooth, as Allie and Hannah don't always see eye to eye on things. Hannah also gets to be in the same school as her cousin this year! Emilia started Kindergarten!
This was also Hannah's temporary bus stop, but now we get on right by our house.
We were sad to see summer end, but we're excited for fall and a new year of school! We shall see if I get a job this year. If not, I'll sub occasionally.
No comments:
Post a Comment