Wednesday, December 26, 2018

The Rest of 2017

I need to get updated on here! My goodness! We just finished Christmas 2018 and I'm finally getting around to the end of 2017. We had a great Thanksgiving. We celebrated at my mom's house as well as Mike's mom's house! It's always great to get together with the whole family!









Christmas is always a busy season for us! But we love it. We had a fun night at the Westereman's for their annual Bunko party. And guess what!? I won this year!


There was a blizzard on the night of my birthday so we stayed close to home and went to It's a Matter of Taste for dinner. The place was empty! 




I love Christmas decorations! And I happened to get my hair done right around Christmas this year. So that's always fun.

We also did our tradition of cookie houses with the Epleys. Kathy does an amazing job getting ready for that and the kids, and adults, love it!






We spent Christmas Eve with the Rosses. We add dinner and played a lot of Mafia. It was a really fun night!












I used to wrap presents as I bought them, then placing them under the tree. A couple years ago, I started waiting till the girls are already in bed, then putting presents under the tree. It's fun for the girls to see them all for the first time Christmas morning!






We spent most of the morning at our house, then took presents to my parents and gave gifts to them and Emilia. Later on in the afternoon, we went to Mike's Aunt Amy's house, who now lives in Commerce, for dinner and more gift giving! It's so nice having everyone so close. Alex, Dan, and Lillian were in town as well!





We even taught everyone Mafia over there! It was a great day celebrating the birth of our Savior!


New Year's Eve day, we took the girls to sled at a really cool hill in Commerce. It was so cold, in the teens I think, with a lot of wind, so we didn't last long. But we had fun none the less!




In the evening, we went to the Westerman's to celebrate the new year with friends and games! We lasted till midnight too!





It was a great 2017. We are so blessed to have an amazing family, great friends, and healthy kids!

No comments:

Happy Christmas 2021

 Christmas...it really is the most wonderful time of the year. I know that's so cheesy but as I posted all of these pictures, the though...