Monday, August 29, 2016

CT Ohio 2016

The problem with waiting so long to post about our Ohio trip is that I might have a hard time remembering the sequence of events. Alas, I'll try my hardest!

We had a huge group this year! I think about 50 or 60 of us went to Ohio for the week. We attended the Velocity conference on Denison's campus, and as usual, went on service projects during the day. 

This was our giant group, in front of the dorms we slept in!

It's such a beautiful campus. I stayed in a dorm with Rachael Epley and Sarah Seirocki. This next picture is the students who rode down with me. Yes I had to drive a 15 passenger van. We had a little issue with getting the vans when we were supposed to, which put us behind 2 hours. But we eventually got them and were on our way! 

These next few pictures were taken in the chapel, right before morning session. We'd have a morning and evening session, with our work projects in the afternoon. 



The first day, our whole group traveled to a nursing home about twenty minutes away. It's seriously one of the nicest nursing homes I've ever been to. We did a few projects but mostly visited with the residents. 






The students did an amazing job engaging with the residents, even taking the time to dance with them! I think we truly brightened their day.

Day two, our group went to Life Community Church, where we've gone every year. I helped organize stuff in a warehouse, as well as organize some other rooms in the church. We were able to accomplish a lot!


Day 3, our group split and went to two different Habitat resale stores in downtown Columbus. We spent the afternoon cleaning and organizing the store for them.


On our final service day, we went to Gladden House in downtown Columbus and weeded in the 90 heat for 2 hours! Again the students did awesome! Gladden House is a community center for the inner-city and they have a big community garden that we worked in for the afternoon.


I didn't take that many pictures this year but you get the gist of the trip. It was a great week! Our students worked really hard and three of them gave their lives to Christ that week. We are blessed to be a part of such an awesome church family that values our youth so much and allows them to go on these life-changing mission trips.

No comments:

Happy Christmas 2021

 Christmas...it really is the most wonderful time of the year. I know that's so cheesy but as I posted all of these pictures, the though...