Thursday, July 28, 2016

Summer Fun (May - July)

Summer time!!! I LOVE Summer! It's been a hot one too. We enjoyed the end of the school year, as well as the end of a great softball season for Mike and for Ava. Mike and I went to Ohio with Impact and we just got back from our vacation out east. I'll post about both of those trips separately. But here's what's been happening around here.

Ava had a great rest of the season. They went into play-offs but ended up losing after three games. She loved her coaches and teammates and it was a great experience. 


Ava's choir sang at the Spring Fling at school. That's a big end of the year picnic with games and food and music. Allie and Hannah enjoyed getting their faces painted. 




Mike and I went to Jessica Moreno's wedding. That was a nice date! 

I thoroughly enjoyed working with this lovely lady all year.  

We celebrated Coby's 6th birthday! 

We had dinner with our marriage group and Dave set up this giant slip n slide for the kids. 

Hannah had her farm concert! So excited that that's the last one of those I'll have to attend:) 



The girls had a blast at their field day. Ava beat all her classmates in the 50 yard dash. Allie came in second for her class! It was a beautiful and fun day! 




We started ANOTHER project. Since Mike is working on the exterior in the back, I suggested we add on a bigger master bathroom, so we could add to the main bath and our closet. So Mike got started on that! So many unfinished projects! 

Our gardens get more and more beautiful every year as the flowers multiply! 


Mike and I did pre-marital counseling with Catie and Cody this year. We had a fun time attending their wedding with Allie and Hannah. Ava was at Michigan Adventure that day with the choir!











Peonies have to be one of the loveliest smelling flowers! 

Jace graduated from high school! How is that even possible!? I still remember the day he was born and Katie and Katie coming to the hospital to visit, and me walking out, shouting "I'm an aunt!" We had the family over for a BBQ after his commencements! 

More of Ava's softball team. This was after their final game! 


Mike has been very intentional with trying to take the girls on little adventures this summer. This afternoon, he took the kids to Mill Race Park. Brian and Emilia came along, as well as Ava's friend Zoey. And since we were right behind 7-11, of course we had to get Slurpee's. 






Once again, we planted a big garden. I love how the flowers are really growing up around it. Mike and I have been talking about downsizing! We are thinking about turning the garden into a sand volleyball court and then just having planter boxes around the yard for vegetables. 

Ava was honored to be picked to play in the All-Star game this year!  

Hannah's teacher retired this year so some of the parents threw a little party for her. One of the parents put together this adorable poster for her! 


We were so excited for the last day of school. It was such a privilege to work at this school this year. But I was super excited to start summer break, as the girls were! 


We celebrated this amazing ladies birthday the day after school let out! 


My longest friend came into town with her family! It was awesome getting to spend time with her. The Hughes and the Rosses spent a lot of time together when I was growing up. It's always great to spend time together. 




We celebrated Father's Day with this great family. I'm so incredibly blessed to have Mike father our girls. He's AMAZING with them. And I'm truly blessed to have been raised by my dad. So nice to take time to appreciate these two amazing guys. 


Brian has turned out to be an incredible dad to Emilia as well. So nice to celebrate with him as well. 


It's been super hot so it was nice to spend the day at Jackie's pool:) 

We took the kids to see Finding Dory, a very cute movie. 

I'm loving the front of my house, along with my new hanging baskets! 

The girls participated in a week of Creative Arts Camp at church, which culminated in the family fun night and silent auction! 



We bid on a few things, one being this awesome basket full of gift cards! 

Todd Boomstra made this awesome plan for landscaping for us, so I'm trying to do a little bit at a time. This side came out great. But boy, it took me an entire day. Landscaping is hard work! 

We spent time with cousins setting up for Jace's grad party. The party itself was a blast too! 


We had people over for the 4th of July! It was a great day with friends and fireworks! 










We colored Ava's hair with kool-aid. It looks super cool, especially in the sun!


We have been able to spend a lot of time with Emilia! 

And look how caught up I am! This happened today! We met the mom's group at Laura's sister's pool. Whew. What a great summer it's been! I'll post about our trips soon. 


No comments:

Happy Christmas 2021

 Christmas...it really is the most wonderful time of the year. I know that's so cheesy but as I posted all of these pictures, the though...