Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Ava's 9th Birthday Party

We are not typically a family that has a big birthday bash every year for our kids. I'd love to be able to do that but it gets pricey, especially with all three girls having birthdays in January. I also don't think they need a big birthday bash every year. We did tell Ava last year, though, that she could have a friend party for her 9th birthday, anywhere she wanted (within reason, of course. Hawaii was out of the question!). Ava chose to have her party at Lakeland Pool.
 
She invited 16 friends from the 3rd grade. Fourteen of those girls were able to make it. Mike and I also invited the families from our marriage group, so two were able to come with their kids as well! It was quite a party! The girls swam for the first half hour, then came into the party room for pizza, cupcakes, and ice-cream sandwiches, per Ava's request. Then she opened gifts (her friends were so generous!), then they spent the rest of the afternoon in the pool. Ava had a blast. It was nice not to have to entertain or clean up much! We had such a fun day!
 



























No comments:

Happy Christmas 2021

 Christmas...it really is the most wonderful time of the year. I know that's so cheesy but as I posted all of these pictures, the though...