Saturday, March 28, 2015

February and March

Sadly, I lost a memory card. That card had about 500 pictures on it. They're just pictures right!? Seriously though, I hope it turns up cause there are a lot of great pictures on that stinking card!
 
February and March have been very busy, as usual. We went on a family vacation to Florida, which was amazing, and during a time when we were having single digit weather in Michigan. Perfect time to go down to the 80's!
 
We've had some beautiful sunsets in this cold winter.
 
We have also been reading like crazy at the Epley home.
 
With all the snow, it was fun to go sledding.
 
 
Mike and I have been remodeling our bedroom. We found some simple instructions for an upholstered headboard. I'm so happy with how it turned out!
 
And this isn't the final product. I'll post before and after pictures when we're finished!

 
We flew to Florida at the end of February for a week. I'll post more pictures from my good camera but here's some from my phone.
 
The girls were excited to get on an airplane!

 
The first three days, we stayed at Mike's brother's house in Umatilla. This was in Mt. Dora, a cute little town near Joe's house. The first day was chilly, in the 50's, but the rest of the week was gorgeous: Sunny and 85!
 
 
After three days, we drove down to Naples to stay for three more days. On the way, we stopped at LEGOLAND and spent the day there. The girls had a blast. They could go on every ride in the park, including the four roller coasters!
 
This was the first roller coaster that Hannah went on and this was on the way up the first big hill. This was the only time that she was scared, the rest of the ride, and the rest of the day, she was having so much fun!


LEGOLAND had an entire section of Lego cities. It was pretty amazing!

 
 
Flying school was a lot like the Raptor at Cedar Point. You ride underneath the track with your feet swinging. Ava and Allie really loved this one!
 

 
We made it to our condo in Naples Sunday evening after a fun day at the amusement park. The next three days were incredible. We spent all day Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday at the beach. Had some great dinners with our hosts (Mike's parents' friends) in the evening. 



The first beach day, we went to a public beach that was super crowded. But who cares right!? You're on the ocean. But the second day, we went to our friend Lisa's private beach. It was amazing. We rented paddle boards and basically had the whole beach to ourselves. We say dolphins about ten feet away from our paddle boards. And you couldn't have asked for better weather.
 
Mike's cousin lives in Florida, outside Venice Beach, which we were going to on our way back to Joe's, so we swung by his house on the way up. He has a gorgeous house right on a canal that leads out to the ocean! It was so beautiful. 
 This is the view from his backyard!
 
Venice Beach is the best place in the world to find sharks teeth. Mike's family would come down here often when he was growing up and he wanted our girls to experience it! We collected over 20 shark teeth! And it was another beautiful day!

 
We had dinner right on the beach and then took off back up to Joe's for one more night, before flying out the next day!
 The girls did fantastic on the plane. We finally figured out that there are free movies and so they watched Maleficent the whole way home. I sat across the aisle and watched X Men! Mike and Joseph drove up in Mike's new truck that he had bought off his brother.


 
It was such a great vacation and I feel so blessed that we were able to go as a whole family! I'll post my good pictures later!
 
 
The rest of March has been great too. Mike and I have been preparing to go to Trinidad with the church for Spring Break. I'll post about that when we get back!
 
Allie was invited to a birthday party for a little boy in her class. Turns out, he invited the entire class which was super cool. Allie had a blast! It was at Pump It Up.




Here's the new color going up in our room. We're almost finished!! I just need to add a few finishing touches and I'll post pictures!
 
 
Emilia is crawling and getting so big! She is such a sweet little baby!


Hannah wanted her hair short so we cut off about 6 inches! Later on in the month, we chopped Allie's hair too!
 
I got my hair cut and colored as well. I'm not one for selfies but it's fun to document new cuts!
 
Mike bought some new stilts for dry walling ceilings and we had a lot of fun playing with them!
 
So that's been our last two months! I'm praying my memory card turns up! Happy Spring!


No comments:

Happy Christmas 2021

 Christmas...it really is the most wonderful time of the year. I know that's so cheesy but as I posted all of these pictures, the though...