Thursday, September 4, 2014

August

August flew by. Part of that could be due to the fact that we were gone the first week. But still, school came up way too fast. 
 
Mike and I finally mulched our flower beds. They really needed it. We took a Saturday and shoveled five yards of mulch. Man, I was sore the next day!

 
Our garden has done great again this year. We have gotten a ton of vegetables, especially tomatoes.
 
 
Ava went with my parents to UPBC for a week the third week of August. It was very hard to let her go for so long but I knew she was in good hands. And she had a blast. Our childrens' ministry teachers put on a VBS for the kids up there. Hopefully I'll get some pictures from some of the other team and I'll let her post about it!
 
While Ava was at one of her preparation meetings, we took the other two ladies to Milford Memories. The girls love getting their faces painted! 

 
Mike was super excited to get a paved driveway for his pole barn.



 
 
 
Our awesome neighbor, who is a professional painter, stained our front deck for us. Our house is looking so amazing! I can't wait till it's finished to show before and after pictures.
 
We spent more time with this little sweetheart. She even stayed the night one evening. She is such a great baby and a great sleeper. She went to bed at 10 and woke up at 6 am!



 
The girls and I found the most comfortable recliner in the world at Costco. Oh man, I could sleep in this thing.

 
I canned tons of tomatoes, salsa, and spaghetti sauce. I don't know why I bought 16 tomato plants in the spring. I can hardly keep up with all the tomatoes we're getting!

 
We went to two weddings in August! The first was Lauren Conley's. It was a nice date night for Mike and me! The second was Faith and Andrew Crimmins and the girls were able to come! They had so much fun!


 
Grandma Epley hosted Camp Cousins for the third summer in a row! The kids played all day with each other, then even stayed the night. What a glorious day that was!
She was so thoughtful to get all the kids a matching t-shirt.

 
What a great summer. The weather has been absolutely perfect. It's been breezy and pretty much in the 70's during the day, and cooler nights. Oh my goodness, I'd take this kind of summer every year!


No comments:

Happy Christmas 2021

 Christmas...it really is the most wonderful time of the year. I know that's so cheesy but as I posted all of these pictures, the though...