Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Happy Easter!

"Do not be afraid, for I know that you seek Jesus who was crucified. He is not here, for he has risen, as he said. Come, see the place where he lay."
 
What an incredible day that was so long ago. If Christ had not been raised, we would be dead in our sins. Thanks be to God for that indescribable gift!
 
Easter Sunday was the most beautiful day of the year so far! It got up into the 70's!
 
We woke up early, deciding to go to the early service to beat the crowds. The girls found their Easter baskets with some candy and a small gift in each. Ava and Allie both received Lego's, while Hannah got a Frozen Anna baby doll. Pretty much every store around us is out of Frozen merchandise. It's crazy!
 
The girls picked out their dresses for church and I think they did a great job.
 
After church, Mike grabbed McD's for the kids so I wouldn't have to cook anything while bustling to get ready! So sweet of him. We had about 30 people over for dinner. It was a lot of fun.
 
After dinner, we did an Easter egg hunt for the kids. Oh my goodness, I can't say enough how gorgeous it was outside! 




 
Most of the eggs had candy in them. There were a few eggs with $1, and one golden egg with a five dollar bill in it! I made sure to hide that one really good. Too good actually. We ended up having to give the kids the general direction of where it was hidden, as well as tell them all to "look up!"  It was hidden in that light right there! Ava finally found it and my mom had to help her get it down! 






 
After the hunt, the kids got out the water balloons and we had a lot of fun with those for the next couple hours.



 
It was a beautiful day spent with wonderful friends and family. There was evening a little Chess tournament going on inside in the evening. We are blessed to have such a great family, and even more blessed to know our amazing Savior! Happy Easter


No comments:

Happy Christmas 2021

 Christmas...it really is the most wonderful time of the year. I know that's so cheesy but as I posted all of these pictures, the though...