Happy Thanksgiving! It's the holiday season! I can officially start listening to Christmas music. Thanksgiving is over and it's on to Christmas. We put up all our decorations today!
We had a great couple days for Thanksgiving. Yes we broke it up this year, which was awesome. Thursday, we spent the day with the Ross side of the family at my house. And Friday we went to the Epleys and stuffed ourselves with another Thanksgiving dinner. It actually was very nice not having to go to two different places on the same day.
My mom cooked the turkey for the Ross dinner and Tara and I helped out with the sides. It was a fun day. I think the Lions won. Wahoo. Yeah, I don't really care. The kids played all day. We ate a delicious meal, the played a lively game of poker. Mike took first and I took third. I love taking money from my family:)
During dinner, everyone told two things that they were grateful for. No one could repeat something that another person had already said! Our responses were pretty clever!
After dinner, I forced everyone to gather for a group picture. And not only that, but I forced them twice, because the first few, Brian was missing!
I'm very blessed to have a family that gets along!
Friday we went over to Joe and Kathy's and had another great meal! This was the only picture I got, on my phone, so it's not that great. And once again, I FORCED everyone to get into a group shot. People really do appreciate it after the fact though...at least that's what I'm telling myself.
It was a great couple of days! I really do have so much to be thankful for. God is amazing and continues to allow me to see how he works in and through our family. Even in trials, there is much to be grateful for.

No comments:
Post a Comment