Valentine's Day has never really been hugely celebrated between Mike and me. Sure we get each other things now and then, but we don't go all out for it. Although now with having three girls in the house, it's sort of fun to make it a little special!
Both Ava and Allie were really looking forward to parties at their schools. Allie's classmates haven't any allergies so we were able to get rid of some of the lingering candy from the girls' birthday party! We filled up treat bags and used leftover cards from Ava's last two years for Allie's! It worked out quite nicely I think!
For Ava's party, I did go out and buy a box of cards. She handed out Madagascar cards with tattoos. It's crazy how everything these days comes with some kind of goodie to go with it, like a tattoo or an eraser or a piece of candy. Ava has severe allergies in her class so food of any kind was forbidden.
But girls came home with a bag full of goodies!
For Valentine's night, all I knew was that Mike and the girls had something special planned for me and I was supposed to leave the house for about a half hour so they could get it set up. Man was it special! Oh but before I left, I got to see Mike hand deliver each girl her own heart-shaped pizza! They loved it!
I came back to find Mike in a tux and the table set for two.
This was the menu they made! I love my choices for dinner. Lobster was an easy selection!
We had the best waitresses ever! They did such a fantastic job. And I seriously love how Mike set all this up with them. They were so excited to be a part of it!
Our yummy dinner!
These were the girls' gifts. They each got a new bathing suit, which they modeled for me.
Then paraded around the house in them!
I'm extremely blessed to be married to such a thoughtful man.
And to be able to love on, and be love by, these three adorable little ladies.
I baked Mike two cheesecakes and wrote out a sappy card for him.
He gave me these lovely flowers. I love purple and red together.
Joe and Kathy have been in Florida for a while but they thoughtfully sent up these flowers for the girls' and me!
What a precious and memorable day we had!
No comments:
Post a Comment