Monday, February 25, 2013

Happenings

We have been very busy lately. Although, I just looked in my phone for any recent
 pictures I've taken, and I haven't been taking pictures lately. I'm still on some down time from January. That month wears me out I tell you.
 
But here's what's been going on for us lately:
Mike has been working on the basement, putting up walls and stuff like that. Our basement is a pretty good size so it will double our living space once it's finished, which I'm pretty excited about. I'll post some pictures of that as soon as I take some!
The girls had a week off from school for winter break. I love our school district. We had a great week together. Monday we did our usual grocery shopping trip. Tuesday, we hung out around the house. Wednesday we went to the mall and ate lunch and played at Jeepers! Thursday was mom's group, which Ava was excited to finally get to go to. Friday, we went to a Lego birthday party at the library, which the girls had a lot of fun at. Then in the evening we had Katie and Chad over for some games!
Saturday, Mike worked on the basement all day while I took the girls to Maya's birthday party. And boy did we have fun there! Sunday we went to church, then came home and hung out around the house all day! It was a very eventful week. Then back to the grind this morning:)
 
March will be another busy month for us with more birthday parties, gatherings, and Easter at the end of the month, which is the only holiday I host! Then Mike takes off for a week to Trinidad for a mission's trip. We just booked our vacation rental for July so we are counting down the days. The girls love making paper chains for things they're looking forward to, so every day they can pull off a chain and see how close we're getting to an event. We will certainly be making one for vacation! We are really looking forward to spring and some warm weather.
 
Hannah will have a doctors appointment in a couple weeks with an endocrinologist at Beaumont, so hopefully we can figure out what's going on with her blood sugar. We're praying she's not pre-diabetic.
Allie is getting ready to learn how to ride a bike with no training wheels. Ava learned in the basement during the winter when she was five, so Mike plans to do the same with Allie.
And Ava is still loving school! She especially loves math.
Mike is super busy right now and we are so grateful for it! God has blessed us immensely with all the work He's providing.
And I've been enjoying being a mom and wife. God has been teaching me a lot of things this past year. Mike and I recently read a book together called Love and Respect, which was excellent. It opened my eyes to how much our men want to be respected and how we as wives are called by God to show respect, unconditionally, whether we feel he deserves it or not. So often we feel that our husbands need to earn our respect, which is not Biblical. So I feel like God has been growing me in that way. Another area that has been growing for me is motherhood. I'm part of a wonderful mom's group that helps me to think intentionally as a mom. And that's been very helpful. So it's been a great time spiritually for me and I'm grateful.
Thanks for checking in! I'll be sure to post pics soon, especially of the basement progress!

No comments:

Happy Christmas 2021

 Christmas...it really is the most wonderful time of the year. I know that's so cheesy but as I posted all of these pictures, the though...