Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Thoughts

I saw this on pinterest today and seriously loved the quote:
 
 
How true is this? Way too often I'm just trying to get through the day. "Ok, what should we do till lunch? Let's find something to pass the time till dinner. Ok just got to get to bed time." There are days when I'm going to feel like that, sure. But I don't want every day being that way. I only have one chance to give my kids a great childhood. These are the days and years that are going to count. If my kids aren't feeling like they can share things with me now, they certainly won't when they're teenagers. And that's when I'll really want them to open up and share what's going on in their lives, when the issues are a lot bigger then falling off a bike or a sister being sassy. So this is my motivation right now, to really get down on the floor, look my girls in the eye and listen intently to what they have to say!

No comments:

Happy Christmas 2021

 Christmas...it really is the most wonderful time of the year. I know that's so cheesy but as I posted all of these pictures, the though...