Sunday, January 20, 2013

Ava's 7th Birthday

On this day, seven years ago, I was at Huron Valley Hospital, enjoying every second of our first born! No one can ever prepare you for what you will experience becoming a parent for the first time. In the blink of an eye, our lives changed forever. I was scheduled to be induced because I was over a week late. The night we were scheduled to go in, Mike and I decided to go out to eat because we figured it might be hard to go out to eat after the baby came. We had no idea. Our lives went from complete independence, to a world revolving around a tiny little baby...when does she need to eat next? Does her diaper need to be changed? Is she warm enough? Is she getting sick? I was never a worrier before I had kids! And all these things sound negative, but each child has brought us so much love and joy. I never knew that God gave me such an enormous capacity to love. My heart swelled the day that Ava was born. She was a tiny little 7lb 4oz baby girl. It seemed like this was the job that God had called me to have all my life the first time I held her. And we have had such an amazing journey watching her grow. God has blessed us immensely with these three gifts. And we are so grateful to guide them through life for as long as the Lord allows.
 
We had a wonderful day with our family today celebrating Ava! We went to church in the morning where her entire Sunday school class sang happy birthday to her. She decided on Red Robin for her birthday meal, so after church we met both sets of grandparents there. Then she wanted to get her ears pierced so we headed to the mall. Ava was a champ! She didn't even cry getting it done! Hannah wanted her ears pierced for her birthday so instead of going back in six days, Ava asked if Hannah could do her ears today as well. So now all three sisters have their ears pierced!
Ava finished off the birthday by picking out an outfit at the mall.
Happy birthday Ava Therese! You brighten up our days and we love you very much.
 








No comments:

Happy Christmas 2021

 Christmas...it really is the most wonderful time of the year. I know that's so cheesy but as I posted all of these pictures, the though...