Wednesday, October 3, 2012

meal plan and cute girls


 
I love that these girls love each other so much! Allie and Maya have so much fun in pre-school. They do crafts, play games, read stories, paint, color, draw, and learn all sorts of cool things. Allie comes home happy from school all the time and is always super excited to go. That makes it so easy on me to drop her off! I love her teachers.
 
Also, here's my menu for week 4. Wahoo, I'm sticking to it!
 
Mon: steak, potatoes, and salad
Tues: chicken and veggies
Wed: breakfast
Thurs: shrimp and rice
Fri: Spaghetti with meat sauce
Sat: bratts, baked beans and corn on the cobb
 
We had a little scare with Hannah last week and had to stay at Childrens Hospital over the weekend. Her blood sugar level was super high and our pediatrician found blood, ketones, and glucose in her urine. They were mostly worried about kidney damage or early onset juvenile diabetes. All the tests on her kidneys and blood came back great. So we think it was just some sort of infection. All that to say, we're working through what we eat around here. We're trying to force our kids to eat a lot healthier. I don't really give my kids a ton of junk as it is, but if I really think about it, mac and cheese for lunch is junk. There's no protein in it and it's all carbs. So it's been a crazy week with working through what I'm making. Hannah is super picky and doesn't like pretty much anything that's good for her. If I start early, hopefully she'll get used to it and forget about ice cream and candy... yeah right!

No comments:

Happy Christmas 2021

 Christmas...it really is the most wonderful time of the year. I know that's so cheesy but as I posted all of these pictures, the though...