Tuesday, September 6, 2011

First day of school

The passing of time is amazing. I cannot believe how quickly life goes by. Ava seems so little to me at times, and yet, she seems so old! She started kindergarten today. It's weird how emotional it is for me. I understand why people home school. You really don't have that much time with your kids. She will be in school for 8 hours a day. I miss her already!

I'm so thankful that she did so great this morning. If she had been crying, I think I may have just said "to heck with kindergarten" and tried again next year! Mike and I drove Ava to school this morning and we were able to stay with her till about 10:30. We met her teacher, took a tour of the school, showing her where the music, art, and lunch rooms were, as well as the gym and media center. We had a snack and did a project with her and then we had to say our goodbyes. She did get a little clingy towards the end, but confidently walked over to the circle when we told her we had to leave. I'm so proud of her and can't wait to hear how her first day went!


Ava showing everyone the contents of her lunch!



Ready to take on the world:)


Daddy and Ava taking a tour of the school



Doing her first project in kindergarten



Circle time, and time for us to leave:(

No comments:

Happy Christmas 2021

 Christmas...it really is the most wonderful time of the year. I know that's so cheesy but as I posted all of these pictures, the though...