Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Virginia


I was very fotunate to go down to Virginia this past weekend to visit my great friend Katie. We have been friends since we were four-years-old. It was so great to be able to catch up with Katie and hang out for a weekend. It was such a relaxing three days. I was able to sleep in every day. I had no responsibilities. Every meal I was just able to eat, instead of feeding other little ones. We sat around and read books, watched TV, went shopping, ate out a lot, and just had fun catching up. It's been over five years since I've been away from my kids, completely alone. It was SO nice! I almost didn't know what to do with myself! Thank you Katie for being so hospitable! And thank you Don for buying me the ticket down there (it was Katie's Christmas present to fly me down there for a weekend). I even was able to wear flip flops! It was 77 degrees in Richmond on Friday. Not fun coming home to 10 inches of snow and 18 degrees., but great to come home to my wonderful family.

1 comment:

Tonya Gray said...

Isn't it so refreshing/refueling to get uninterrupted time with great friends? Glad you had a great time!

Happy Christmas 2021

 Christmas...it really is the most wonderful time of the year. I know that's so cheesy but as I posted all of these pictures, the though...