Mike and I really don't like winter. That's putting it mildly. We actually hate winter. We don't like the cold, ice, and snow. We don't like having to bundle up every time we go outside. We hate having to warm up our cars for ten minutes before we go anywhere. We'd much rather be in a more mild climate. However, we need to remember that we have three girls witnessing our attitudes about EVERYTHING. We don't want our girls to grow up hating winter. I loved the snow when I was a kid. I loved sledding, building snow forts, playing hockey, and all the other fun things that come with the cold. I want my girls to love it too. So Mike and I suck it up, put on a smile, and try to enjoy winter.
We got a lot of snow this past week and the girls were dying to get outside. My parents brought their snow blower over, so we bundled up and headed out to deal with the snow. The girls had a blast.




Our mom's group met at Jodi's on Thursday for some death sledding! Okay, it wasn't that bad, but seriously, it was a little scary. Jodi's neighbor's driveway is crazy. Actually Jodi's driveway is crazy too (Laura and Jess, your old one!). I actually got stuck halfway up and had to back down and try again. It's very steep and very curvy. Anyway, the kids were sledding down Jodi's neighbors driveway, into a big snowbank half way down. Man did they get some speed. Ava had so much fun. Allie only went down once with me, while I was digging my feet in all the way down to slow us up a bit.

Allie and Maya. Maya got a bloody nose her first time down the hill. But she was so brave and took it like a champ.

The kids would have liked to build a snowman, but it wasn't great packing snow.

You can sort of get a glimpse of the hill in the background in this picture. It was crazy, but also a fun day. Maybe winter's not so bad after all.
2 comments:
I'm not a fan of winter either... but I sure do remember LOVING the same sledding experiences as your girls did this week!
Me too! A stroll down memory lane!
Post a Comment