
Carrie, this post was motivated by you! Ava likes to say her prayers every night before she goes to bed. The older she gets, the longer they get! One of these days I want to video tape one of her prayers but for now, I'll just relay a typical prayer by Ava.
Dear Jesus, thank you for mommy and daddy and Allie, and Grandma and Papa... (the list keeps going until she's named every member of our extended family), and thank you for Jesus and God, and my baskets, and toys, piggie bank, cash cow, walls, bed, blankie, the rainbow and the sky, the ocean and the lakes, my maps, my cart, the penguin, for June and Rocket, my fans (the kind that help her get to sleep at night), and mommy's fans, and for everyone and everything, AMEN!
Usually she lists all those things about three times. So her prayer typically lasts about ten minutes. I think she really likes talking to God, but I think there's another part of her that likes to stall the bedtime process. Smart, and sweet, girl!!
3 comments:
Lol. I love that she thanks God for Rocket and June. Jonathan hates "Big Bad Jet". I love she thanks him for her fans. How adorable. I was thinking the same thing last night about recording him saying his prayers. I just love how he squints his eyes and folds his hands and tries to remember it all. Children are just so innocent and precious.
They are! And yeah, you should tape Jonothan and I'll try to tape Ava. The problem is, if she knows she's being taped, she'll ham it up. So I have to try to do it discreetly!
I just love the picture. She sure has a cool "aunt".
Post a Comment