Thursday, August 26, 2021

Summer 2021

 Summer is my absolute favorite time of year. The weather is amazing, there's no agenda, we stay up late and sleep in! I feel like our summer started at the end of June, when all the sports were done. July was a month for relaxing, swimming, and construction (pool). August was great as well as we geared up for the UPBC mission trip, which was amazing. And sadly, back to school on the 25th.

Mike and Hannah worked on this sea wall while we were in Pittsburgh.

Hannah had her last day of elementary school! Can't believe she's going into middle school!

Last day for all three girls!

Bye bye Commerce! 


Katie Holden and I went down to NC to visit Katie Pahl. We were supposed to go for her 40th but had to cancel because of covid. It was fun to spend a weekend with these two!



I got a new car in the spring! So thankful to be done with the mini van, which will now be Ava's!

Hannah dyed her hair with kool-aid, then wanted to cut it a month later cause she was sick of it!



We had some sweet bonfires by the river.

Mike built a new dock at the beach. Shortly after this, he added a six foot platform. We have spent a lot of time down here this summer.

The girls and I took grandma out for pedicures.


We had a very low key 4th of July since our backyard was a dirt pit. The Katie, Matt, the Sparks and DeJonges all came over for dinner and swimming at the lake. We missed having our big bash but look forward to next year when we can do it with the pool!




A tornado touched down in White Lake and we had some damage from the high winds as well. Mostly just limbs down. It was a crazy storm!




Allie went to a camp at Legacy that was led by the Michigan coach and team.

A new M Street Baking Co opened up at 12 Oaks!

This one's out of order but this is from Hannah's fifth grade ceremony. Parents weren't allowed to go due to covid, which is very unfortunate.


Two of my cousins got married on the same day. We went to Rachel's ceremony and then Danny's reception!

And so many beautiful flowers bloomed this summer! I love watching all the growth during the summer. My garden has done great as well. 



No comments:

Happy Christmas 2021

 Christmas...it really is the most wonderful time of the year. I know that's so cheesy but as I posted all of these pictures, the though...