Wednesday, November 11, 2020

Spring and Summer 2020

 Life did get back to normal-ish! We were able to have a fun spring and summer in spite of many things being shut down or canceled. Ava's travel season for volleyball was not able to finish the season. Allie and Hannah's softball season was postponed till the fall. CT Ohio and CAC were both canceled, as well as Serve and Swerve for Crossroads. But even with all the sadness from missing those things, we had a great summer. It was amazing how much time we were able to spend together as a family with all those activities being omitted from our every day lives. Any gathering or party we hosted, was scaled down, due to social distancing issues. But again, I'm grateful for all that we were able to do.


We added a new family member! This is Goose. He's huge now. He's not the most affectionate of cats, but he is very sweet! 


We celebrated Mother's Day! Love my girls.


We completely redid the garden. We cut it in half to add a volleyball court, and did these boxes, which is so much easier to maintain!


We spent a lot of time on the water with our paddle boards and kayaks, both on the lake and the river!


We celebrated Father's Day and grandma's birthday with family.


Allie had a little end of school party with her closest friends!


We had a small gathering for Devin's 30th birthday.


All three girls had their last day of remote learning. Ava is now in high school! We officially are in three different schools.



I captured the most amazing sun set I've seen at this house!


We played a lot of volleyball! This court is at a friend of a friend's house. It's amazing. Ours isn't quite as nice but we still have fun playing!


Normally for the 4th of July, we invite over 100 people. This year, I think we had around 50 of our family and closest friends. It was a fun day!




Mike and I celebrated our 17th wedding anniversary. We kayaked from Brendal Lake, down the Huron all the way to our house. It was a gorgeous day and a lot of fun!


We had a lot of bonfires in our new firepit down by the river. We also took down all the trees and cleaned up the shore line. It looks so much better!

The house across the street sold and the new buyers tore it down. We were told we could go and take any flowers we wanted! I was in Heaven! And invited a few friends to dig as well. 

And this is out of order, but this was Ava's 8th grade graduation photo!

We also were able to take two great vacations this summer, which I'll post about later. We are a very blessed family and I'm grateful.  

No comments:

Happy Christmas 2021

 Christmas...it really is the most wonderful time of the year. I know that's so cheesy but as I posted all of these pictures, the though...