So January, February, and the beginning of March were your typical months. We were very busy with activities. Volleyball took up a huge part of our lives. Ava is playing for Team D again this year and we had three tournaments that were out of town. One was in Indiana, and they took second overall! The next one was in Lansing, so technically not too far out of town, but we played till 9:30 Saturday night and had to be back Sunday morning at 9 AM so we stayed in a hotel in Lansing. The girls got fourth over all at that one, I think! The last out of town tournament was in Maumee Ohio. We stayed with the Goolsbys in Delaware Ohio on Friday night and then a hotel in Maumee Saturday night. It's been fun to watch the girls play, but very busy!
Ava was also in a 4v4 tournament on New Year's Day with these girls. They did great and had a lot of fun!
These next two were from the tournament in Indiana.
We had a week off in February for mid winter break! We stayed in town but got to get together with friends. We went to Somerset Mall with a few families from Commerce, and the Darnells!
Hannah was able to have a play date with three of her friends!
It was a nice time of sleeping in and relaxing.
And now we are in the middle of the weirdest time in history. Everyone is on quarantine due to the COVID19 pandemic. It's a very strange time. We are doing online school and ALL, and I mean ALL, activities have been canceled. No church, no sports, no school. It's very odd. Thankfully everyone in my family has been healthy. I'm praying that this doesn't last into the summer. I was supposed to fly down and see Katie Pahl for her 40th birthday this weekend. We had to miss that. Ava was going to play with a National level volleyball team in April, that was canceled. All school activities have been canceled. Allie and Hannah were supposed to start softball practice, that has been postponed until the middle of April, as of now. It's just bizarre. I can't say that enough!
But one thing that has been incredible; the ability to have more quality time with the family. We are always on the go and for the last week, we have completely slowed down, and there's something so refreshing about that. Thankfully, Mike's still busy at the moment, as well. I'm sure this will impact the economy in big ways. It's scary but I'm trusting in God and his Faithfulness.
No comments:
Post a Comment