I really should just start blogging about separate events, instead of waiting till months are over, then blogging about the whole month! But we are always so busy and by the time the girls are in bed, I have no desire to get on the computer and upload pictures. So here we go again with a month at a time. Here's May!
I love tulips! And peonies actually. Spring is a great time for flowers!
Mike and I took a Dave Ramsey class in the winter and were pretty motivated to handle our money better. This included setting up a system with the girls, which has been AMAZING! They get paid to do certain chores, and some others are just required for being part of the family. Every Friday is payday and the save 50%, get to spend 40%, and give 10%. It's been wonderful!
My sweet friend Jess had a sweet little baby girl named Clara! I got to spend some time with this little angel!
Mike and I went with our friends the Boyagians to see a comedian, Tim Hawkins. And we ran into some other friends, and family, that we didn't know were going! It was a great night out!
Allie was able to go to a sweet birthday party at Build-a-Bear. She got to pick out any bear she wanted to make, and got to pick out an outfit! Very generous!
Our house is getting closer and closer to being finished! We made some design changes half way through, which set us back a bit. I'll post all the house pictures in a post of their own.
We celebrated Mother's Day with my lovely family, while celebrating the twins' birthday at the same time. Love this lady!
Allie's class took a field trip to the farm. She had a lot of fun.
That baby pig was squealing SO loud!
Ava and Allie are getting really good at Chess.
We went to Noah and Nathan's birthday party at a gymnastics center. The girls loved jumping in foam pits, walking on balance beams, and jumping on trampolines.
I love these girls. I got them to snuggle with me in bed by letting them take a bunch of silly pictures.
Memorial Day we had a BBQ with my side of the family! We cooked out and played games together. The weather couldn't have been more beautiful.
My dear friend Katie and her beautiful daughter Karisa came to town and stayed with us for a week. It was so great to spend time with them! The girls love Karisa and miss her. They live in Utah now, so much closer than before, in Guam!
Allie had her Farm Concert, which she was thrilled that Katie and Karisa could come to! She did a great job singing. And afterwards, we went back to her classroom and she read her farm book to us.
The girls also had Field Day at school. My mom, Hannah and I went to cheer on the girls as they played different games and competed in races. Ava was the second fastest girl in her class! Way to go Ava.
I apparently only got video outside, so I'll have to try to post some of those later. I've had a hard time with videos getting uploaded lately. I did get to eat lunch with both girls before the events started.
Ava's art was chosen to be displayed at the schools' credit union for the entire summer!
I'm super excited that school is out and summer is here! Yay for sleeping in and sisters reunited! I'll post soon about our recent trip to California.
No comments:
Post a Comment