I love Halloween! I love how excited the girls get about getting dressed up and getting free candy! We had a few different options this year for trick-or-treating, but we decided to head out to our friends' house in Davisburg. But first, we had some fun activities in the morning!
Hannah and I went with Jackie and her boys to a nursing home in Waterford. The residents lined up in the hallways and let the kids walk through and get candy! It rained all day on Halloween so for Hannah to be able to stay dry, and trick-or-treat, was super cool.
Hannah filled up her pumpkin bucket with candy. She was very excited.
In the afternoon, we drove over to the girls' school to watch their Halloween parade, and I was able to help out at Allie's party.
Principal Carlin dress up as a penguin:
I saw a couple costumes like this. They cracked me up!
Ava didn't really know what she wanted to be this year, so we sort of dug through our dress up clothes and she came up with this cat outfit!
With the mask, that she painted all by herself!
Parent fail moment for Allie: The kindergartners do a nursery rhyme unit in the beginning of the year, which ends with a nursery rhyme party on Halloween. So everyone in Kindergarten is asked to dress up as a nursery rhyme character. We went to Marshall's and found this adorable Little Red Riding Hood costume and I thought "this is perfect!" Only to realize later that LRRH wasn't a nursery rhyme, it was a fairy tale. Oh well, she looked super cute!
Papa and grandma came to watch the parade, then lovingly took their tired granddaughter home with them so I could help with Allie's class!
I was able to run to the opposite end of the school, where Ava's class is, and snap some pictures of her party going on!
Despite the rain, the weather was actually decent. It was nice that it was warm out. So at about 6, we took off trick-or-treating! The kids had a great time, and even Hannah did well. The second half of the neighborhood, she rode in the wagon between houses.
Hannah filled up her bucket again! And Ava and Allie both got a ton of candy as well. What a fun time of year! We're looking forward to the rest of the holidays too!
No comments:
Post a Comment