Friday, May 18, 2012

Spring has sprung!

I love Spring!! I get super excited every time I see perennials coming up. I really, really, really, (okay you get the point) love flowers. They make our yard look so beautiful! We also did our garden again this year. We layed down fabric so we wouldn't have to pick weeds constantly. So when we planted the seeds, and some plants, I was worried that the fabric would hinder growth. Plus I'm always flabbergasted to see tiny little seeds become fruits and vegetables. Isn't God's design amazing!?

These are some beautiful Irises in our front flower bed. I love the two tone! Oh and we got a new camera so my pictures are so much better.

I have never had this type of flower before. We found these at Meijer and I'm sure they're common but I had never seen them. These are called Violas. 

More Irises 

Zucchini! 


Everything we planted is now sprouting: lettuce, swiss chard, carrots, spinach, onions, peppers, tomatoes, sugar snap peas, cucumber, zucchini, strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, and asparagus!

Sugar snap peas 



It's fun to go out and see everything blooming and sprouting! I'll post more pictures as things grow.

1 comment:

katie j said...

can you come to Guam and plant a garden for me? We can't get very good produce on island so I really need to grow my own:)

Happy Christmas 2021

 Christmas...it really is the most wonderful time of the year. I know that's so cheesy but as I posted all of these pictures, the though...