We really have had a busy summer. I don't even know what we've been doing! Actually, I did start a job. I'm working two mornings a week at Biggby coffee. It's really quite fun and I enjoy the adult interaction! And I love making lattes.
Our garden is doing magnificently. We planted a wide variety of fruits and vegetables this year. A few didn't make it. Once again my watermelons didn't come up. I'll have to figure those out someday because we really love watermelon. I also planted spinach, onions and beets that never came up. Not sure why. But everything else is doing great.
Here are a couple pictures before we planted anything. Mike did a fantastic job on the fencing.
And this picture was taken at the end of June. It's even crazier now!
We have lots of lettuce, cucumber, zucchini, sugar snap peas, and squash. And I'm just now starting to get peppers and tomatoes. I also planted pumpkins which are coming along well. This was my first year for raspberries and strawberries so didn't get anything from those. Oh and I planted two blueberry bushes and the berries are just starting to turn blue. I really do love gardening. I have so much respect for farmers because it is hard work. But it pays off!
No comments:
Post a Comment