Sunday, December 13, 2009

Beef, it's what's for dinner

My friend Kelly's family buys a 1/4 cow every year from a farm up near West Branch. The cows are pasture fed, hormone and steroid free, and not mass produced like most beef farms in the US, so they're treated humanely. For $330 you get around a year's supply of healthy beef and you're helping to support a local Michigan farm. I LOVE IT! So we decided that we would do it this year. We got our supply yesterday and I think we need a deep freeze. There's about 65 lbs of ground beef, packaged in separate 1 lb wraps, lots of steaks, and some roasts. We had to send some of it down to my parents because it wouldn't all fit in our freezer! Can't wait to start cooking with it!








2 comments:

Carrie said...

This is an awesomne deal! If you hear of anyone wanting to do it and needign someone to go in on it with, I would love to.

Unknown said...

beef. it's what's for dinner. forever.

Happy Christmas 2021

 Christmas...it really is the most wonderful time of the year. I know that's so cheesy but as I posted all of these pictures, the though...