Thursday, April 7, 2016

Easter

Easter Sunday is always a packed day for us. Last year, Mike and I were on our way to Trinidad. We usually host both sides of our family for Easter and it was nice to carry on that tradition this year. I sang at church and had to be there at 7:15. Mike played Jesus in the drama for childrens' church so he had to be there at 9. It was a busy morning but a great one too. We love our church family and are so grateful to serve there. 






Sadly, Mike started feeling sick at church which turned into the stomach flu. I ended up getting it too but not till after dinner. So Mike was in bed most of the day, and I joined him after dinner. My lovely mother helped clean everything up!

The girls enjoyed finding their Easter baskets right after church! 













They even got Mike and I little basket! They are so thoughtful! 


The kids enjoyed the Easter egg hunt. The golden egg had $10 in it and Everet found that this year. 




















The day was perfect. I think it got up to 65 degrees so all the kiddos ate outside. Everyone pitched in with food and it was all so delicious! 

Uncle Jeff taught the kids how to play blackjack after dinner:)


We had a lovely day celebrating the resurrection of our Savior! Happy Easter!

No comments:

Happy Christmas 2021

 Christmas...it really is the most wonderful time of the year. I know that's so cheesy but as I posted all of these pictures, the though...