Friday, November 13, 2015

Phone Pics

We enjoyed August at home! We didn't travel anywhere or do anything crazy or exciting. We just enjoyed the beautiful weather as much as we could and sleeping in every day until school started in September. These are all pictures from my phone from July until November! I'll go back and re-post about some of the big event!

Allie ended up losing all four front teeth at the same time! Her and Braden both lost their two front teeth at the same time.

Mike, Dave, and Marty were in the blind canoe race in Milford. I think they had the third fastest time. They did a great job! 

We checked out Marshbank Park in West Bloomfield with some friends! 


We tried out The Root, a great restaurant in White Lake. 

Allie and Hannah got new haircuts for school! 


We checked out Clintonwood Park in Clarkston! That was a lot of fun since they had a cool splash park, 



My sweet mother took all the girls to get pedicures before school started! This was a lot of fun to do together! 






The girls had their first day of school. This was a tough and exciting day for me! It was hard to think that Hannah was going all day. We had had such a fun summer together I didn't want it to end. At the same time, all three girls are in school all day! I have 7 hours to get stuff done! CRAZY! Although, that all changed in October with my new job. I'll have to update about that later. 


Mike and I met Hannah at school. She really wanted to ride the bus with her sisters on her first day. 


These are two girls Hannah went to pre-school with. Sadly they're not in class together. 

Mike and I were able to stay with Hannah for the first hour. We did a craft together, organized her supplies, took a tour of the school and had a snack with her. Then it was time to say goodbye. She did such a great job walking bravely to the carpet after hugging and kissing us goodbye. I can't express enough how grateful I am that my kids have gone to school with no issues. I know it's hard for some kids to adjust to it and I would have such a hard time if they didn't like it, or cried every morning having to get ready to go. Mike and I were leaving the building and saw so many kindergartners crying for their moms. I couldn't handle it!



We finally finished our driveway, which was quite a huge undertaking. It took four concrete trucks to finish it! But we are loving having two entrances. Again, I need to post some before and after pictures of our house!  

I was on a very fun co-ed volleyball league at Oakland Yard this year! We took first place too which was awesome. Then in the fall, aside from my Monday night CHS league, I joined the Lock girls for an outdoor fall league. I only played a few times but it was a blast! 

Joey came up with his two guys to help with the driveway. They stayed with us a week and it was great to see him! 


I went on a field trip with Ava's fourth grade class to Cranbrook. 

Our CL2 groups started up again! Love these guys. 

Mike let the girls cut his hair. I know, he's brave! They did screw it up a little but he didn't care. 

The Impact leaders went on an amazing retreat to South Haven. Our house was a three story mansion right on Lake Michigan. We had so much fun with some great people! 


I got to have lunch with this sweet girl and her friends! Love their school so much. 

Mike made our hearts swell by bringing us all flowers! Such a sweetheart! 


The girls had their annual fun run, which is the biggest fund raiser of the year. They had an added bonus of it being a color run this year! I had the privilege of tossing green powder at the kids! The girls had a lot of fun. 






Dave and Todd did their annual 5K race and we came and cheered them on. It's always fun to get together with these awesome families. 

We celebrated this amazing man's birthday. I can't imagine our lives without him. He's such a great day and husband. He provides for our family in such a selfless way and adores these girls. Love him.


We went on the Impact Fall Retreat in Saugatuck. Such a fun weekend with some incredible students and leaders.  

The girls had a VIP day for mileage club where they could invite a special person to come run with them. The girls felt so special to have Devin, Marty, and Grandma come run! Love you guys. 


There have been some gorgeous sunrises!! 

The fall fest at the DeJonges was a blast again this year. Love this tradition! 

I had mentioned to some students that Chipotle was my favorite place for lunch and some had never been before. So I told them I'd have to take them sometime. So we made a plan and it turned into quite a gathering! We had a great time eating with these sweet students. We even prayed together outside a pregnancy clinic when we were done. 


Halloween was a cold and rainy night this year...again! I hadn't been feeling good so I didn't last long. Mike ended up taking the girls around Ava's friends neighborhood, The Hills of Bogie Lake. 

I'll post a little more about Halloween later. For now, it's good to feel caught up!



No comments:

Happy Christmas 2021

 Christmas...it really is the most wonderful time of the year. I know that's so cheesy but as I posted all of these pictures, the though...