Thursday, April 28, 2011

Happy (belated) Easter

"The greatest day in history, death is beaten You have rescued me, sing it out, Jesus is alive!"
These are words from the song "O Happy Day" and I love these lyrics. It really is the greatest day in history when Christ conquers the grave and rescues us from our sin. What lost, hopeless souls we would be without Jesus. Easter is such a great time to reflect on His sacrifice. We had a wonderful day celebrating this with our families. Mike and I actually were part of the worship team, so we had to be at church very early. My parents brought the girls to church and they were able to watch a childrens drama about Easter. They really liked it!

After church we let the girls find their Easter baskets. We then had them take naps because both the Epley and Ross families were coming for dinner. It was a full house!



It's fun getting all dressed up!


We seemed to have more candy this Easter than we did for Halloween. I don't know how that happens.



Hannah's basket was the healthiest!



All the cousins getting ready for an Easter egg hunt.



Their filled baskets.



We were thrilled that the rain held out because we ended up staying outside most of the day. Mike even took the kids on a tractor ride!



Hannah's best friend, Papa.




It was a beautiful and fun day, spending time with out families. Happy Easter!

No comments:

Happy Christmas 2021

 Christmas...it really is the most wonderful time of the year. I know that's so cheesy but as I posted all of these pictures, the though...